This week we just continued our search for backgrounds and characters. We have been doing this by primarily researching the art of creating them. However we have also looked into just purchasing some but feel that that would ruin the experience and therefore we should probably not do it.
Monday, March 3, 2014
The thing that I liked most about 20 time this year is defiantly working with Reilly. He has brought a lot of new concepts into my life by working on this app and I have also gained a new friend through him as well. I don't think this project should change at all. It is a great project that teaches us commitment and work ethic as well as guiding us to learning a lesson by the end of the project.
Monday, February 24, 2014
This past week, Reilly and I have been on vacation at two different locations. This has made it impossible to get together to work on Free Run. Therefore, we decided to research instead while corresponding over text. The subject that we focused on was score keeping mainly. Our game is not quite ready for this yet but it will most likely be encorporated at a later stage. As this is a rather intricate process I have chosen to not cover it in the post. However, the link for one of the websites that gives good information about how to put score in is below.
Thanks. We'll post again next Monday!
Monday, February 10, 2014
This week, Reilly and I have continued our research in backgrounds. In addition, we have also researched the behavior of collisions within the game.
Collisions come into play both when two objects run into each other as well as when one object rests upon another. The primary behavior used in this is "collide". This can be placed upon both moving and non-moving actors.
The information we found was primarily on the link below:
We will post again next Sunday. Thanks!
Monday, February 3, 2014
"This week, Reilly and I have continued to research how to get backgrounds implanted into the game. We have also began to experiment with this process. We tried to use several different backgrounds from google images in our game. However, we have not found one that particularly strikes our fancy yet. We are still working on finding one currently. The main snippet from the website " http://cookbook.gamesalad.com/tutorials/1/parts/5 " that we used to obtain the knowledge necessary is "You can also import images into an image library within your project. This can be useful if you want to assign an image to an actor later on or if you simply want to use an image as background media within your game. To add an image into the image library, we’ll select “Scenes” from the selection bar at the top. Open a scene by double-clicking on it. In the bottom left of the scene editor, we have our library. Select “Images” to view all of the images within our project. You can drag new images to this section to add them to your project. From here, you can drag images into a scene, into animation sequences, or access them via the “change image” behavior in the Actor editor. You can also drag them up to the actor box to create a new actor with that image." Feel free to check out the link above. It has great information about gamesalad.
We will post again next Sunday.
Monday, January 27, 2014
Monday, January 13, 2014
This week Reilly and I successfully instituted the touch screen controls in our game. We also solved another problem. The character would only move up and down but we got it to move left and right. This was a very important topic. Although it seems hard it was extremely easy once we fixed the problem in our game creator. Next week our objective is to start and complete a background for our game.
Thursday, January 9, 2014
Over break, Reilly and I only had a limited time to work on the project due to the fact that it is on my laptop and we were going on vacations to separate places. But, we did talk over text and have accomplished some research on creating touch screen controls for Free Run. Before now, we have been using the arrows on the keyboard of the laptop to move the actor.
Basically, what these push buttons entail are a single rule for each button. For the upward button, you attach one rule that let's the actor move upwards. Then you do this for the left, right and below buttons. This should also solve our issue that the actor would not move up and down but would only move side to side. Since Paul and I have not been at the same place to work on this, we have not yet put this into practice. This week that will be our main focus.